Sunday, September 2, 2012

Big Boss Is Back... Well, Old Boss That Is...

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros... holy moley did the trailer look stunning! Absolutely stunning! I'm not sure if I've mentioned this in previous blogs, but I am a HUGE Metal Gear Solid fan. The story is creatively well-written, the gameplay never fails, the graphics are always phenomenal... Words literally cannot describe how much I'm in love with the series.

So, a little bit about the trailer that's out. It's eleven minutes long and it doesn't show that much of gameplay... at all really. It first shows a group of soldiers walking around this camp that are holding children in cages. It's believed that these children are being turned into soldiers. The soldiers that are roaming around the camp are members of XOF. They've received several reports of an agent that's being held in Cuba, who has information that could undermine the child training regime. These guys board a chopper to "silence" her. The leader of this pack is a man with a disfigured face, that I've seen some people saying that this could be "Zero." The man that was helping Naked Snake during Snake: Eater since it kinda resembles his look in the ending of Metal Gear Solid 4. I can kinda see it.

The next part shows Big Boss making his way to the base. But this isn't just your average Big Boss, no. He's got the eye patch, he's got the Sean Connery look, he's got the gray hair, and he's back working for Fox. Yeah, that's right, in this game, you get to play as Big Boss again, but you're playing an older Big Boss. Cool huh? The demo ends with him crawling to the base and being spotted by a search light.

It's stated that this game is to be a prologue to Metal Gear Solid 5.

I'm still in awe about this trailer. I mean every single new Metal Gear game they come out with, it looks way more beautiful than the last one. Not saying that the previous Metal Gears are horrible, oh-ho... no way. I've never played a Metal Gear game that I haven't liked... And no, I really never touched the hand-held ones because I don't own a hand-held console.  But wow, the series never managed to disappoint me. I am still touched by the ending of Metal Gear Solid 4. The one-hour length cutscene that features Old Snake and Big Boss together at a graveyard. It made me cry... Yes, the first time I've ever cried playing a video game was watching this hour long cutscene.

Here's the link to the video for Ground Zeros: http://www.examiner.com/video/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-english-subtitled-demo

Check it out when you have the chance!!!

>'-'<

No comments:

Post a Comment