Friday, October 26, 2012

Can Never Be Spotted!

I am terrible at stealth games. Let me tell you why:

So, you see that there are soldiers in the area that you're in, and you somehow memorized their walking patterns. However, there's always a chance you'll miss their heads with a headshot, or there's one lonesome soldier standing in an area that you cannot see from where you're standing.

You missed the shot, the soldier gets alerted, tells his comrades around him, and they're on high alert.

You get caught with that soldier that you couldn't see, now you're being chased everywhere until you kill them all, or  you somehow escaped with your life intact.


This ALWAYS happens to me, and yet, I still continue playing these games. Metal Gear Solid is one of those games.Dishonored is another. Tenchu is a perfect example of a game I truly suck at.

Metal Gear Solid is fairly simple in making sure that you don't get caught because the soldiers are on a path that you have to wait until the soldiers turn their back onto you. However, the latest Metal Gear Solid game, the fourth one, things aren't so easy. The soldiers don't have memorized patterns that much, especially in the first act because you're in the middle of a war. No matter where I end up going, I somehow get caught, and it's because those soldiers somehow come out from a place I thought I'd be safe in hiding, but no matter where I go, there's two soldiers that walk around the corner and spot me.

Damnit!

Dishonored, a game I just beat, is another example on why I suck at stealth. You're in a large area with several guards roaming around the area. Of course, you haven't gotte an upgrade with your mask yet, so you can zoom in to get a better look around the place. So, you're stuck aiming really far toawrds a guard. You have less then ten arrows in your hands to shoot at the guards, and of course, somehow you managed to aim at the head and they landed in the torso. The gaurds are on high alert, and just because you're standing still on a rooftop, you get spotted, just like that.

What the fuck!?

Tenchu is  the last game I'll bring in for an example. You're playing as a ninja and have to get to one point of the level to the other without getting spotted, without killing the innocents, avoiding the pitfalls, and just managing to be alive throughout the entire level. I get off gaurd when there's two soldiers around and I don't see the first guy. I mean, I hear him walking around the area, the meter that alerts you if an enemy is near by is flashing and the icon is getting bigger and bigger. But for some reason, I just can't find this guy, but he finds me. So I get spotted, and the "Grand Master" title is officially lost right after there.

Oh Sonofabitch!

Yeap, it's official, I suck at stealth... Probably have happened to you, but hey, these games are still super duper fun to play every now and then.

>'-'<

No comments:

Post a Comment