Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Diablo 3 and Um... Some Issues... And a Review

Okay, so I went to the midnight release, went home and slept, woke up, ate breakfast and played the game. Played for three hours with some breaks in between...

Then... servers crashed at around 3-ish or so leaving me to do something else for the remainder of the day. Which I did and not decide to constantly check up on the game every five minutes to see if the servers were fixed.

Unfortunately, there's a bit of some issues that are still being addressed with this game. So, I guess there are some reports claiming that some of the achievements that were completed have gone missing. I will confirm that this is true because I do have missing achievements... And quests as well. Yeah, one of the two boss fights for the first act apparently went missing and I didn't like that... So I had to do that all over again, despite that it was really easy this time becuase I'm level 16 and I was much lower when I encountered that boss the first time.

And then, not too long ago, I witnessed that ANOTHER quest is missing. One that I didn't really appreciate undergoing but I had to anyways.


So, that's been my experience with this game so far. I'm not too happy that this happened and Blizzard should have been totally prepared for something like this and prevent it from happening but... I don't work at a game company yet so I have no idea what they could have done.

Anyways, that's my little rant about the game... Actually wait, let me continue it before I get to the good. I'm not liking the Demon Hunter at all... She's only level 5 and out of five classes that there are that I have past that, she's died the most times than all of my other characters at that level. I think I was level nine before my witch doctor died for the first time. I get that the Demon Hunter is supposed to be ranged, but for some reason, they don't start out with good abilities that are really helpful in crowds. Yeah, being ambushed by zombies and such with those flying electrical bats zapping you as well doesn't help me out at all as a ranged character. I guess I have to level her some more by doing something else.

And for some reason, your maps go blank every time you leave the place for a bit... I'm  not liking that I can't retrace my steps and know where I'm going if the maps just go blank.

Okay, my rant is over... Now it's time to actually review the damn game.

This game is awesome. I could end it with that, but unfortunately I'm not. This game actually made me appreciate the Barbarian class for once. I never liked it in Diablo 2, but I really liked what they did with it. I wanted to start out with the Wizard first, but I somehow didn't and ended up playing as the Witch Doctor... Which so far, I've leveled it the most. I dig this class a lot. Sure, it "replaced" my favorite class, the necromancer, from the previous game, but that doesn't really make a whole lot of difference. The Monk and the Wizard I'm still toying around with a bit, I haven't leveled them a whole lot yet, but I will some time in the future. But like I stated before, the Demon Hunter, right now, isn't really a likeable class. Although that could really change if I go back and play it some more.

The story is improved a lot since the last game. I really like how each character has a different story, even though they share the same quests together. Their purpose for this adventure is something that the other two games didn't have. It's basically having your character just be there as the hero without any kind of sole purpose unless I never really read further into the Diablo lore. But the characters never really had any kind of distinguish personalities unlike these characters, who actually talks throughout the game not just by some sort of click of the button to a NPC (non-playable character) or pressing a number in the numerical pad. (Diablo 2) Although that was specifically for the online play and has absolutely no effect on a solo player game.

You get helpers and crafters with you rather than doing everything yourself. Although it costs to make stuff and shit like that, still, it's not that hard to obtain gold in this game. I normally like to just gather everything that drops, even when it's completely useless to me, you never know how much gold it sells for to the merchant. I've gotten plenty of gold before hitting a double digit level. (And back in Diablo 2, I'd max out my gold before leaving the first act)

Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil anything in the game because I know people. I know that there are people who read my blogs, otherwise the counter wouldn't go up constantly. So the story is completely gone from this review.

Gameplay wise... it's totally like WoW, just with a Diablo touch. I mean, the menu screen couldn't look anymore like WoW and some of the ways the game plays couldn't act more like WoW as well. But, do I see a problem with this? Absolutely not. The game is more fun and enjoyable this way, rather than the previous game. I HATED the way I had to only have two spells up the entire time, and when I wanted to change it, I had to click and search for the ability I wanted. But the problem is, unless you memorize the description of what abilities were what, you'd have to scroll over your mouse onto the picture and wait for the box to pop up, giving you the description of that power. It never really told you right there and then, what power you're going to have equipped. Now, there's a picture AND a description of what the power is. Although, the clicking thing is an issue, and it's a giant menu that pops up rather than the picture boxes, still, at least I can still move around and such while I'm trying to get my powers and while I'm clicking around to avoid the monsters, the screen doesn't go away.

So, overall, I really appreciated the changes they made to this game. I've waited twelve long years to finally see a direct sequel to Diablo 2 and I cannot wait to see what awaits for me further into the game. Despite that I enjoy taking my sweet, sweet time and try to find all of the achievements to complete for act 1 right now, I don't care. It's not like I have to be the very first one to beat the game.

No, I'm not a crazed fan... I'm just a kitty.

>'-'<

No comments:

Post a Comment