Monday, March 17, 2014

The Stick of Truth

I am huge South Park fan, and I really was excited to see this game. I felt like I was about to pull a Cartman at some point and just keep pacing outside of a Gamestop hoping that time moves faster for the release of the game. So I got the game finally, I put it in my PS3, waited for it to be installed and I get this message:

"Game data corrupted, re-install the game"

Ehh... excuse me? Did I read that right? Game data corrupted? Well this certainly cannot be a good sign at all.

Re-installed, the game plays fine... Up until certain spots in South Park where the game skips badly. And THEN the text gets glitched. I'm afraid to play the game some more because of this. I already had to get my Playstation fixed once because it stopped reading the disks. Do I fear that this game is going to do something bad to my Playstation the more I play it? Well... I don't know. But I might try to beat it soon.

With that all out of the way, let's actually talk about the game. So far, with what I've gotten completed, I can't stop laughing my butt off with what's been happening. I love the nostalgia this game brings by showing us stuff from the episodes such as when you look into the boys' closets, you see stuff that they've worn or possess from certain episodes. I also cannot stop laughing at how horribly evil some of the comedy is. I just got passed killing an aborted Kardashian mutated nazi zombie baby. I really was just having trouble beating it because I was laughing too hard.

Thankfully I did end up beating it.

But I really enjoy that this game makes you think on how to fight against your opponents. You don't just fight them, you have to think what will reduce the opponents' health faster. Some of them are immune to certain powers, others it just devours their health like that. You can also find things in the environment before fighting three-five enemies to use against them so that it reduces how many people you actually fight. You just have to actually use your head for once and I think that is oh-so clever you know?

I like that you have to constantly build your character whenever you get more outfits, weapons and other upgrades because that becomes more useful throughout longer battles. I also enjoy that you have the ability to summon other characters to help you throughout your adventure. I have yet to see what Mr. Slave does, I'm waiting for the perfect chance to use him, but I've already used Mr. Hanky and I totally forgot about the sorcerer's apprentice spoof that he does. Oh, watching a piece of turd using waves of shit to throw at my enemies.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the most hysterical part that I just thought was really funny and hoped that none of my parents were in the room when I was playing this part. You get shrunken down because of gnomes that steals underwear, and during this part, your character's parents are screwing in their bed room. And yes, you do get to see them having sex during certain parts, as well as ending up on their bed to fight the warlock. Ugh, to see your father's ball sack flying at you...


I think this game is cleverly written to where the shock value is extremely high. This game is certainly better than their previous games that they've made in the past and I certainly hope that the game continues to behave so that it doesn't do anything to my Playstation. There's a lot of quests that you can go on, there's a lot of items you can find throughout the town. It's certainly huge enough to where you can do a lot within one sitting time. I am trying to find everything and earn as many trophies as I can throughout my first playthrough. I feel that the replay value is high and it's certainly a game not to pass up on. So go out and spend your money on this... that is if you're a huge South Park fan. If you're not, then this game isn't really for you.

>'-'<

No comments:

Post a Comment