Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mario Party 2 Works Well In Relationships... I'm Not Kidding

Mario Party 2 is a game I desperately wanted back into my N64 collection. I successfully own a Mario Party 2 copy since last Friday. My boyfriend and I would play this game with another couple two years ago, and what was so funny was that we'd play teams.

We're Team Yoshi, and we're freakishly evil, smart, and know all the tricks to be number 1! I say this because I've always been a mastermind behind getting so many stars in one game and using items and saving coins extremely well, he'd be the brains on strategic plans to screw another person really, REALLY badly. We would always end up winning every time we've played.

While we work together as a team, we still work together when we compete against each other. Which is cute when the two of us would battle it out in most mini-games. Sadly, one of us ends up being the winner,  and right now it's 2-1 me. Hopefully, in a few weeks, I can get two more controllers and a few of our friends might have some space in their schedules to take time out to play some games.



Having this game in my possession again made me remember all of the fun times and the bad times with this game. You know that moment where the computer tends to do something incredibly stupid and you just cannot cope with how they just basically gave you the win right there and then. I mean, some of these moves they made are so goofy!

For example:

It's Peach (me), Luigi (boyfriend), Mario and Wario on hard mode. Wario won an item, the Chest, and has it stored in his possession for a very long time. Mario gets a Chest as well. It's Wario's turn and he decides that he's going to steal Mario's Chest to be his Chest...

And then that later turned into where he steals my fucking Golden Mushroom when I won one.

But we could not cope with how stupid that move was.  And you know what? Mario probably would have done the same thing if he was the last person to make a move!

Some of the mini-games can be incredibly cheap for no fucking reason. And that "fuck" is put there for a good reason. The mini-game where you're jumping rope over fire. We're playing against two hard computers. Put them on normal, they will not get past the 25th turn. So of course, this changes when you're playing on hard. For some ungodly reason, the game locks our jump button, causing Peach and Luigi to just stand, despite that we both press A to jump, at the 25th turn. We thought that maybe we didn't hit the button at the right time. Unfortunately, it's not us, it's the damn game! How? We had this game come up one more time... Did the same exact thing to us.

Some games could really make a mess of things. 2vs.2 and you're flying an air ship through rainbows and avoiding obstacles being blasted at you. If you're the pilot, you can virutally win the round. Have a computer control where you go... You're screwed. My boyfriend believed that Wario is officially the worst pilot in this game... Because I was watching the entire time, he kept being driven into the wall! (Clouds)

I can be fun with how many people you play as long as you know how what you're doing. If you're completely clueless and don't really have an idea of what you're going to do within the next few rolls, you're not going to get pretty far. Other times, your plans might get changed, but you can always find a way to fix that.

For example:

I had enough coins to buy me a Magic Lamp, an item that makes you get to Toad instantly when used. I thought Mario, who was in front of me, was going to buy that and he had enough coins for it. It's 30... He, instead, buys a Mushroom. So I thought I might take advantage of his mistake... Unfortunately, I did not get to the item house quick enough because that item I wanted, the Magic Lamp, was nowhere to be found. And of course, whenever I landed on a Item circle... Boo Bell and the Magic Lamp don't pop up... Damn. Instead, I figured I just go talk to Boo when I get a chance. Because having over 50 coins and having three opponents have a star in their possession, I'm bound to get something within a Boo call.

I am destined to find and play all of them as long as I have the systems... I wouldn't mind getting Mario Party 3... I know where to get one for $30. There are games I want to play unfortunately Mario Party 2 doesn't have them all... All I cared for was Look Away.

I KILL in that game! Just sayin'

>'-'<

No comments:

Post a Comment